Position is responsible for performing diagnostic assessments, SSPI’s, developing treatment plans, and providing direct treatment services for adults experiencing substance use disorders through individual, group, and family therapy as well as Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) in a substance use continuum of care modality.
This job description is based upon an evaluation of agency requirements at the time this description was written. This job description will change as the position is developed further, or in response to organizational or technological changes.
- LPC or LCSW eligible required, licensed preferred
- Advanced educational degree in a relevant human services field required*
- Clinical experience working with clients with substance use disorders required
- Must possess valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be able to provide own transportation
*Accepted Human Services Degrees: Art Therapy, Behavioral Sciences, Child Development, Child and Family Studies/Services, Cognitive Sciences, Community Mental Health, Counseling, Counselor Education, Early Childhood Development, Education (with a focus in psychology and/or special education), Educational Psychology, Family Development/Relations, Gerontology, Health and Human Services, Human Development, Human Services, Marriage and Family Therapy, Music Therapy, Nursing, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Counseling, School Counseling, Social Work, Special Education, Therapeutic Recreation, Vocational Rehabilitation.
- May be exposed to allergenic environments from client’s homes, including extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to clients with infectious diseases
- Must be able to drive for long periods of time to visit clients in and out of the catchment area as needed
- Must be able to walk distances, climb and descend stairs, maneuver in and out of agency vehicles
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds at times
SALARY: Starting at $56,561.00
RETIREMENT: NWCSB offers a 5% Virginia Retirement System contribution after six months.
DISCLAIMER: All full-time employees are eligible for a complete benefits package that includes enrollment in Virginia Retirement System. For more information about benefits and a complete list of current job openings, please visit our website, www.nwcsb.com. Positions remain open and advertised until filled.
Northwestern Community Services Board provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please login or signup to apply!